N/APosted on - 06/18/2011
I got an irritating issue with my Skype application. Recently, it is acting so strange.
The very first encounter on my Skype problem was when I went to lunch. I just locked my laptop with the Skype and other applications as well as Google Chrome, Excel, and Word. In addition, I also have Windows Explorer opened.
When I got back and unlocked the computer, I saw the error that my Skype has stopped working. By the way, I am using a Vista operating system.
For Skype details, kindly see attached.
Skype has stopped working
Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
Check online for a solution and close the program
Close the program
Debug the program
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Skype.exe
Application Version: 184.108.40.206
Application Timestamp: 4a5efe8f
Fault Module Name: RPCT4.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a751
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00068bd0
That is only the first encounter, after that, I encountered it 4 more times on several different instances.
I hope somebody can suggest a way for me to get rid of this issue.
My Skype has stopped working
The problem you are facing is because of shared.xml file. There is two solutions for it either you uninstall Skype and reinstall it again or try these steps.
1. Make sure that all hidden files are shown or switched on.
2. Click on the start and type in search folder " run " and press enter. It will start processing but won't open anything.
3. Again click on start now type in search folder " control folder " and enter.
4. Make sure relevant entries are enabled in the view tab.
5. Find shared.xml file.
6 Click again to start and type again run.
7. Now again click on start and type %App-data%Skype and press enter.
8. Now delete shared.xml
9. Restart your Skype the following file shared.xml will be created again.
Hope it will solve your problem.