N/APosted on - 07/03/2014
I received a notification to update McAfee and I did. It made a lot of problems on my computer. For some reason my keyboard stopped working and it caused my computer response time to be slow. I noticed that these issues were not encountered when I booted into safe mode. Does anyone knows how to fix this?
Multiple computer issues after Mcafee update
Hi Avery Brandonn,
I am sorry to hear that your computer is having these issues after updating McAfee antivirus.
In order to resolve this issue, I recommend that you uninstall McAfee antivirus from your computer.
Here are the steps to remove McAfee:
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Next, click on 'Control Panel' on the right side of the menu that pops up.
3. Once inside the Control Panel, click 'Uninstall a Program'
4. Once the list of programs is displayed, locate McAfee antivirus.
5. Once you locate McAfee antivirus in the list of programs, right-click on it and select 'remove'
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Once you have removed the program, restart your computer and check to ensure that your problems are solved.
Note: You will need to install another antivirus program on your computer.