N/APosted on - 06/25/2020
Hi, a few days back I updated my Microsoft Outlook 2010 to the latest 2019 version. Yesterday, when I tried opening it simply says “Processing”. Even today I tried again and it is not working and showing the same. Can anyone fix this?
Microsoft Outlook Is Not Working Properly
Hi, I see your Microsoft Outlook is not working properly and that error can be fixed in numerous ways. Try using one of the methods suggested below. If none works then you can simply report to Microsoft support.
1. Try opening Outlook in safe mode.
● Close Outlook.
● Launch Outlook in safe mode by choosing one of the following options.
● In Windows 10, choose Start, type Outlook.exe /safe, and press Enter.
● In Windows 7, choose Start, and in the Search programs and files box, type Outlook /safe, and then press Enter.
● In Windows 8, on the Apps menu, choose Run, type Outlook /safe, and then choose OK.
● Close Outlook, and then open it normally.
2. Are there long processes opened in it always.
● If yes, then you may try to check the status of Outlook.
● Since you have given too many tasks it may appear to hang for a while.
3. Check the updates once again.
● As you said that you updated them recently. Try reinstalling the program once again.
4. You can use the tool provided by Microsoft.
● Use the Inbox Repair tool (SCANPST.EXE) to diagnose and repair errors in your Outlook data file.
● If you’re using an Exchange email account, you can delete the offline Outlook Data File (.ost) and Outlook will recreate the offline Outlook Data File (.ost) the next time you open Outlook.