N/APosted on - 04/24/2017
After downloading some files on my PC, when I opened the folder where I had saved the files few of the other ones was missing. When I tried to find those files, I understood that they are overwritten files. How to recover overwritten files?
Know How To Recover Over Written Files On Your PC
To restore the overwritten files on your PC follow these steps:
- Open the Backup and Restore tab on your PC by typing ‘backup’ in the search option. This method may vary for different Windows.
- To recover – select ‘Restore my files.’
- Now choose the date for which you want to make the backup. Backup of files occur after some interval so choose the last backup date if you want to recover the latest file.
- There exists a ‘Choose a different date’ option if you want to recover old data. So, select the date and click ‘OK.’
- Enter the location where the deleted files were kept or just type the name of that file in the ‘Search for’ box and select the file to be recovered and click ‘OK.’
- Find the location to save the recovered file.
If this doesn’t work, there are many Softwares available which help to restore the files. Download the software on another device and install it on your PC via USB.