N/APosted on - 04/07/2017
On starting my Dell inspiron laptop, it was showing a message “Widows is preparing to configure” but this becomes a never-ending process once it starts. When I chose the “System Restore” option, it shows this error, an unspecified error occurred during system restore with error code0x800700b7.
Fix The Error An Unspecified Error Occurred During System Restore Instantly.
Try to boot your PC in the safe mode. In case you can do that, then I would ask you to follow method 1.
Perform a clean boot by following these steps mentioned below:
- Type msconfig.exe in the Search box of Start and then press ENTER
- Under the General tab, click on “Selective Start up,”then click to remove the Load start up items check box.
- Under the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services box and then click on Disable all.
After you have done troubleshooting, follow these steps below to reset the computer to start:
- Type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and after that press ENTER.
- Under the General tab, click Normal Startup option, and click OK.
- When you are asked to restart the computer, select Restart.
Perform a startup repair and then check if you to boot into the desktop without facing any trouble. Visit the article mentioned below for this:
Startup Repair: frequently asked questions
Here’s the link for recovery options in Windows 7 explained
You can also do a System Restore from your Windows Recovery Console.