N/APosted on - 12/03/2012
Whenever I try to open my one specific client side .dbf file on caseware it shows up with the following error that it can’t read the file. I don’t if something is wrong with my software or the file.
Any suggestions to solve them?
\server1clientdata$Caseware Audit filesTasea Enterprises Ltd 30.6.2006 v2gl.DBF
CaseWare Error#: -70 Reading file Error
There is no problem with the software. In fact the problem persists in your file. Error number 70 means that your certain file is damaged. Solution is to replace the file from the backup if available. If this doesn't work then please do the flowing:
1. Select the toolsrepair file from the CaseWare menu.
2. There will be different check boxes, select all of them accept 'reindex system databases'.
3. Click ok and close the engagement file
4. Open the folder named engagement file and sort it by 'Type' to delete all the .'cdx' files
5. Now open the engagement file and repeat the step number 1,2 and 3
6. At last open again the engagement file.
I hope this will resolve the issue