N/APosted on - 07/17/2013
I am trying to install Office Pro plus 2010 on my Windows 7 Operating System but I encounter the following error during the setup. I have tried Reg. Cleaner and other but nothing improved. Can anybody tell me the proper way to install it? How to fix this problem? I am waiting for your suggestion.
Thanks in advance.
Error: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 encountered an error during setup. Error 1401. Setup cannot create the registry key .dotWord.Template.8ShellNew. Verify that you have sufficient permissions to access the registry or contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. For information about how to contact PSS, see C:UsersMARKOAppDataLocalTempSetup000003ccPSS10R.CHM
Can not install Office Pro plus 2010 on Windows 7 Operating System
The error is because the user opening the program or files does not have sufficient permissions to modify the sections of the registry.
The resolution to the error is:
1) Log on to the computer by administrator account
2) Start Microsoft Windows Explorer
3) On the ‘Organize’ menu, Click ‘Folder and Search’ option
4) Click the ‘View’ tab
5) Under ‘Hidden Files and Field Folder’, Click ‘Show Hidden Files, Folders, Drives’
6) Click and Clear the checkbox ‘Hide Extensions For Known File Types’
7) Click and Clear the checkbox ‘Hide Protected Operating System File’, Click ‘OK’
8) On the ‘Warning’ dialog box Click ‘OK’
9) Open the folder: C:UsersAllUsersMicrosoftOfficeData
10) Right click ‘Opa12.dat’
11) Click ‘Security’ tab
12) Click ‘Advanced’
13) Click ‘Permissions’
14) Click and select ‘Everyone’, Click ‘Edit’
15) Click and select ‘Full Control’ checkbox
16) Click ‘OK’