N/APosted on - 10/01/2013
While at work I received a call from a customer through the help desk and the customer wanted to unlock a user account. I used Active Directory Administrative center to unlock the account but then an error popped up. Does anyone know how to solve this? Please help.
Failed to unlock the user account. Insufficient access to perform the operation
Active Directory Administrative Center error
The error is because the user had insufficient access rights.
The solution to it is:
1) Open 'Active Directory Users and computers'
2) View tab 'Advanced Features'
3) Find the user account in the mailbox that has caused the error
4) Go to the 'Properties' of this account
5) Check the box 'Include Inheritable Permission from the objects parent'
6) Click 'OK'