Amazon Web Services
Amazon provides virtual service in the cloud. It provides Infrastructure as a service like storage, computing, platform as a service like Google App Engine, and Software as a service Like Google Docs.
As I say, AWS provide virtual services like elasticity in which you can change capacity in minutes and make the infrastructure expand and contract according to requirement. Next is the Flexibility which provides choice to choose data storage size, server, language, processor etc. AWS provide service on demand as all the sources are on internet. You need to pay only for whatever you use and how much you take in terms of storage capacity and data transfer.
Amazon provides facility to work on availability zone. There are 4 types of zone viz. US-East, Us-West, EU and Asia. It also provides the facility to select standard instance like small, medium and large.
Now let’s discuss its services briefly.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud: Amazon Ec2 provides resizeble compute capacity in the cloud. You can launch instance by selecting an option to which platform and size you want to make instance. Make an AMI (Amazon Machine Image) and use it whenever needed. Provide security through a private key. By using this, you can scale capacity up and down in few second. And pay only for what you use.
- Amazon Simple Storage System (S3) provides service to store image, video and data on internet. You need to create a bucket and then add your data, image and video in it. It provides the facility to make the bucket public or private, give security and permission to bucket. You can store up to 5 GB data in one bucket. S3 provides facility to use data anytime, anywhere because Amazon uses its own global network of web site. And its take minimum charge to store data on internet.
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud provides service to isolate software or hardware in cloud. You have to make a VPN connection, give subnet id and CIDR number and launch EC2 instance in cloud. VPN provides security, reliability and scalability. Here you are charged on an hourly rate.
- Amazon Elastic Map Reduce provides the facility to create job flow. You can create job flow using command line or API. By using this, you can reduce your work by applying one job flow to all data. You can compute word count, resize image by creating job flow etc. Map Reduce fetch data from S3 and stores result and data in S3.
- Amazon Relational database Service creates database instance in it. Use MySql full facility and Create database, table, insert, update all other function in database instance. It provides security, redundant data.
- Amazon Simple Notification Service:Using these, you can send and receive messages on internet. You need to create topic, subscribe it using email, HTTPs, HTTP protocol and if you want, you can publish it as well.
- Amazon Cloud Front provides the facility to send content all over the world rapidly at a minimum cost. As Amazon has created many centers all over the world, when a request comes, it will find its nearest location, so transferring time is reduced and the data can’t be lost even if stored at multiple places so it provides reliability and security.
To use all these services, you need to create an account which is free. You pay only for what you use. Cost depends upon many factors like the region, type of storage, type of instance you selected, amount of data to be transferred etc.