N/APosted on - 08/25/2011
I have used Fedora and Ubuntu. In those version, I was easily using Yum command.
Recently I have installed Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 on my Desktop. And I have tried to install httpd package by yum command.
– yum install httpd
But it showed me a message, that there is not RHN support. What is RHN Support???
And how can I solve this problem. This is mandatory for me to install httpd package and some other packages using yum command.
Please, help me out with this.
YUM is not working in Redhat Linux 6
It is a great problem for you. Follow my instruction for installation and solve your problem easily.
Red had 6 linux installation:
1. Select install or upgrade existing system option on system menu.
2. Choose a language.
3. Choose a keyboard type.
4. Choose a installation media
5. Skip DVD media test
6. Red Hat 6 graphical installer start
7. Accept pre release Installation
8. Select storage Devices
9. Insert computer name
10. Select time zone
11. Enter a password for root user
12. Select type of installation
13. Receive partition layout
14. Accepts write changes to disk
15. Write changes to disk
16. Configure boot loader option
19. Select software to install to and enable repositories
20. Customize package selection
select PHP and Web server to installation
Select MySql and postgreSQL Database
Select Development tools like Eclipse IDE
21. Checking Dependencies for installation
22. Starting Installation process
23. Installing packages
24. Installation is complete
Click reboot computer and remove installation media
Red hat 6 Installation process is complete .
I think if you follow above process to reinstallation , your problem may be solved