N/APosted on - 12/01/2013
I bought a new Microsoft USB wireless mouse but when I connected it, I got an error message saying the device is not detected by Windows. I attempted to use the wizard to set up new hardware but still the matter was not solved. Please tell me what can I do? Please also tell me if any software is available to diagnose mouse problems?
Wireless mouse not detected by Windows
There are several ways to resolve the wireless mouse in Windows.
Solution 1: Mouse conflicting with other hardware
1) Check that the computer is not frozen by pressing the num lock key on the keyboard
2) The num lock LED should turn on and off after pressing the key
3) If the indicator does not change, restart the system
Solution 2: Wireless mouse settings
1) Make sure that the mouse is turned on which will be reflected as a power indicator
2) Check that the wireless receiver is within the range and not blocked by another object
3) Replace the batteries if they do not work properly
Solution 3: Mouse conflicting with drivers
1) Boot the system in Windows safe mode
2) Open the 'windows Device Manager'
3) Expand the mouse option in the device manager window
4) Remove all the mouse listed by pressing the delete key on the keyboard
5) Restart the system in normal mode