N/APosted on - 05/25/2012
I have a Gmail as well as a Hotmail account. I recently created a Windows Live ID using my Gmail address.
My problem is that I cannot log in from Windows Live Messenger. When I try I get this error:
Error code: 80048821
I can login from using my Gmail address but not on Windows Live Messenger.
I tried the messenger with my Hotmail address and it works fine but fails with my Gmail address.
Can someone help me with this?
Windows Live Messenger not working with Gmail account
Hi! Try to follow the steps below.
1. Click Start.
2. In the Search Box, type "regsvr32 Mssip32.dll".
3. Repeat the first two steps but this time, with these two commands "regsvr32 Initpki.dll", "regsvr32 Softpub.dll".
1. Go to this link.
2. Click Sign in with a different account.
3. Enter the Windows Live ID you use with the Messenger and its correct password.
4. Click Sign in to verify that you can use this account.
5. If you signed in successfully by using your account, remove the saved credentials, and update your credentials.
a. Select your e-mail address from the E-mail address drop-down list in the Messenger sign-in window. If you do not see your ID on the list, type your email and password.
b. Click Forget Me, and then click Yes to confirm the deletion.
c. Select the Remember Me and Remember my password check boxes to save your sign-in information, and then click Sign in.