N/APosted on - 06/14/2012
I would like to install Liquid XML Studio which also needs .Net framework version 4 to be installed.
I have just installed it and it seemed to work fine, however it has caused MS Management to malfunction so I am trying to uninstall it and I get the following error message. It keeps talking of compatibility
This setup program requires an x86 computer. It cannot be installed on x64 or IA64 computers.
Is there a way to uninstall this?
I still can’t run liquid XML, it says I am missing .net framework 4! So when I try to install it I am told it is already on the computer! Computers, love them or hate them they are interesting.
Trouble uninstalling .net framework 4
.Net Framework can give you a really hard time uninstalling it, so here is what you need to do:
1) You need to go to your control panel and choose uninstall a program and choose the .Net framework 4.0 to try to uninstall it the normal way. If that fails again then go to step 2
2) Click Here and download the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip.
This .NET Framework cleanup tool will automatically completely remove the versions
selected of the .NET Framework from a computer. Files, directories, registry keys and values will all be removed. You can try to install again after using the tool.
3) extract the zip file and Run the contained Cleanup_tool.exe
4) when it opens you'll be asked to choose a version to uninstall from your system. there is also the option "All versions" which obviously removes all the versions of .Net Framework on your device.
5) when you've selected your version click on clean now to get it removed from your system
– You will need to perform a repair/re-install for all other versions of the .NET
Framework that are on your computer or they will not work correctly afterwards. and thats why this cleanup tool should be used only if normal uninstall procedure fails.