N/APosted on - 11/28/2014
What are the procedures to follow to perform or use our android smartphone as a tethering and potable hotspot? I am currently using Htc Sense with an Android OS. I would be glad if I get your assistance or guidance to be able to use my smartphone for tethering and portable hotspot for my laptop computer. Thank you.
The steps to follow to perform tethering and hotspot
You need to follow some steps mentioned below
For Portable Hotspot
1) Go to Menu and then go to Settings.
2) Click Wireless & networks and go to More option.
3) Click Tethering & Mobile hotspot
4) Click Mobile hotspot setting
5) Click security and select any options from the list which contains- None, WEP(128), WPA2(AES), WPA(TKIP). It is suggested to select WPA2(AES).
6) click the password field and enter a password to protect unwanted access.
7) Click manage users and select allowed users only.
8) Click Done
When you want to use this hotspot over WiFi go to settings and select WiFi tethering & mobile hotspot and then turn on the mobile hotspot by click the checkbox.
Tethering via USB
1) Go to settings from Menu
2) Click wireless & networks
3) Scroll and select Tethering and mobile hotspot.
4) Select one options among Mac OS X or Windows.
5) Click USB Tethering.
If you have windows XP then may be it prompt for install driver software and if you have Mac OS X then you have to set Network preferences.