N/APosted on - 05/30/2012
A 64 bit Window 7 Pro OS is what is running on my laptop.
To a point only can the Sling Player latest version be installed on my laptop?
It informs me that there are errors connecting after I chose “my slingbox”.
There are no issues installing and playing the software on my desktop computer running on XP Pro.
Is there a work around on Windows 7 or can this issues be solved.
Sling Player/ Windows 7 connection issue
There are Sling Player that compatible with Windows 7.
To solve your problem, follow this step :
1. Click Start, then Control Panel, then Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
2. Select Sling Player program, and then click Uninstall.
3. Install Sling Player again
4. After installation process finish, put your computer in clean boot state,
5. Log on as administrator, Click Start type msconfig.exe in the Search box, and ENTER to go to System Configuration utility.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
6. On the General tab, select the option Selective startup, and then unchecked the option Load startup items check box.
7. Go to Services tab, checked the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Click OK, and then click Restart.
8. After your computer restart, run Sling Player program