N/APosted on - 04/21/2014
This morning Sibelius 7 gave to me this error when I tried to open the program. Is for the first time when this program gives any error and now is not working anymore. Anyone have a solution for this error ? How can I solve this ?
Unspecified error (1)
Sibelius 7, unspecified error 1 occurred
Sibelius is a cool program. The problem you’re facing might be for an upgrade of your system that makes Sibelius think that the software license doesn’t belong to this system. Or, you’ve got a clone installation of Sibelius inside your system.
The first solution to this error is to make sure that you’re using the latest version of Sibelius. Download the latest Sibelius.
If not fixed, follow these steps:
1. Open “Finder”, go to “/Library/Application Support/Avid/Licenses” directory.
2. Delete the folder “Sibelius”. Optionally, you can make a backup for safety.
3. Start Sibelius, activate it again.
If that doesn’t solve your issue, you should try repairing your “Disk Permission”.
1. Go to Applications >> Utilities >> Disk Utility.
2. Choose the boot drive on the left side and open “First Aid” tab.
3. Click on “Repair Disk Permissions”.