N/APosted on - 02/04/2013
Is there a way I can retrieve AOL instant history file? If someone knows could please give me some procedure on how to retrieve. I’m really in need of help to get with this. I would really appreciate it so much.
Recover an AOL instant history file
The AOL software package doesn't maintain a history of instant messages. It's unacceptable to retrieve a conversation once the IM window is closed. However, you'll be able to use the Log Manager feature within the AOL software package to save lots on and so retrieve a selected chat conversation.
To start an IM log
1. Click the File menu, and so click Log Manager.
2. Beneath Session Log, open Log.
3. Navigate to the folder within which you wish the log file keep. Within the File name box, kind the name you wish to save lots of the IM log with, and so click Save.
Note: The default name for the log file is session.log.
4. Check the box next to Log Instant Message conversations (SessionLogs ONLY).
5. Click X on the higher right to shut the work window.