N/APosted on - 12/12/2013
I used the Lotus Notes uninstaller tool to uninstall Lotus Notes from my Windows XP system. Now after uninstalling, I tried to install the newest release, I am experiencing installation problems. Please provide me cleanup instructions for Lotus Notes on Windows, so that I can try installing a newer version without any installation problem.
Problems with Lotus Notes uninstaller tool
The cleanup instructions for Lotus notes for Windows XP are as mentioned below:
1) Delete the Notes from the '<install path>framework folder' path in the system
2) Click 'Start', Select 'Run', type 'regedit' in the command box
3) The registry editor window of the system will open
4) Delete the following two keys: 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARELotusNotes' and 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARELOTUSExpeditor'
5) Remove the Notes from the 'Add/Remove' program panel by using the Windows cleanup utility
The following components must be considered while installing the Lotus Notes in the system
1) Installation program executable file
2) Update directory in the zipped format
3) Deploy directory containing install manifest and plugin
4) Lotus Notes 8.x.msi for the user