N/APosted on - 10/13/2013
I like video editing and during my free time I use the Media composer error. While having Media composer, I tried installing Pro Tools LE and got the error shown below. Can these programs work together?
Avid audio drivers returned an error
Pro Tools LE Media Composer Error
Error 1603 means there is an issue with invalid Microsoft Installer Application settings and you need to have a full control access to continue installing Pro Tools LE. Follow the steps below to fix the issue:
1. Ensure that the folder you are trying to install is not encrypted. If its encrypted, you cannot install any new software and you will most likely received an error.
2. Do not save the software on your substitute drive. Save the software on your default drive instead.
3. Grant full access to your computer to install the software. Click My Computer and then right-click on the drive where you will install the software. Select Properties and under the Security tab, ensure that the System user account is in the Group or user names box.
4. Click Add if you are unable to find the system account. You will see the option, Select users or Groups. Under the Name field, select System and then click Add button and click OK.
5. On the Permission area, select Full Control check box under Allow. Click Advanced and then tick the Replace permission entries on all child objects …child objects menu. Tick the System Account check box and then click OK.
6. Wait for the computer to update and then try installing again.
These steps is for Windows XP, if you are running Vista or Windows 7, ensure that you are installing the program on your default drive.