N/APosted on - 07/22/2016
Hi. I have been trying to install the HP laserjet printer but get the error “unable to install printer, the print processor does not exist”. I have tried using the usb connection also but it is not working. I also tried installing it on a new PC but got the same error message. OS being used is Windows 7(32-bit). What steps can be followed? Thanks in advance.
The print processor does not exist- Unable to install the printer
Hi. It seems like a hardware problem. The steps that can be followed to solve the issue are as follows-
1) In the local printer dialog box, click on local printer
2) Click on create a new port under the printer port option>select standard TCP/IP port>Next
3) Make sure that the printer is turned on and configured in the wizard of Welcome to add standard TCP/IP printer port>Next
4) Enter IP address of the printer or its hostname.
5) From the list of printer models select the driver you own>Next
6) On the next window that opens up, the name of the printer will be highlighted>Next
7) Type in the printer name
8) Select yes to make the printer default>Next
9) After this, box will appear to test the print button
10) Click on yes to print the page
11) At the end of the installation, select Finish