N/APosted on - 08/05/2016
I am trying to open the Local Group Policy Editor but all in no vain. I want to access the GPOs that I have created but have no idea how to do it in Windows 7. Please help me to open the Group Policy Editor Windows 7!
Open The Group Policy Editor Windows 7
To open the Group Policy Editor in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, follow these steps:
Method 1: Using command line
• Click on Start and move the cursor inside the Search Box.
• Now, type gpedit.msc, and then press Enter.
The Group Policy Editor Window will open.
Method 2: To open it as an MMC Snap-in
• Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC): Click on Start and type mmc in the search box.
• Go to the File menu, and click on Add/Remove Snap-in
• In the Dialog Box that appears, click on Group Policy Object Editor (GPO), and then click ‘Add’.
• Now, Click on Browse in the next appearing pop-up window.
• To Edit the Local Group Policy Objects, select This Computer
• To Edit the Administrator, per-user, non-administrator GPO, etc. Select Users
. • Click on Finish.