N/APosted on - 04/06/2012
I had my office back up my email inbox on Outlook. They sent me back a folder with the saved files in it. The extension is .pst. I tried re-installing them, but I don't think that it is working because I don't see the old email files. How do I properly re-install them step-by-step?
Need to re-install my Outlook email files
Since you already have a back-up saved already, all you have to do is import the data from your back-up folder to your Outlook. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Click on the File tab.
2. In the Open category, Choose and click Import.
3. In the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
4. Click on Outlook Data File (.pst) and then Next.
5. Type in the path or the file name of your back-up folder to choose the file to import.
6. Then click on Next.
7. Select the folder that you want to import. To import everything in the file, select the top option.
8. Click Finish.
Or if you already re-installed them but could not see the files, you must have transferred them to <drive>:Documents and Settings<user>Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook folder. This is a hidden folder; you need to turn on the hidden folders display in your Folder options. To do this, open your Windows Explorer> Tools Menu>Folder Options. On the Views tab, look for Advanced Settings>Files and Folders>Hidden Files and Folders>Show hidden files and folders.