N/APosted on - 12/25/2014
Why is my hard disk not accessible on my desktop computer? The desktop PC is selecting hard disk. Immediately after post test check, the computer is complaining of missing hard disk while the hard disk is on board. I have recently removed the hard disk and test it on another personal computer and it was working fine. Could it be that the hard disk is bad or another component of the system is at fault?
My Hard disk is not accessible on my computer
First of all, check for errors. Follow the below steps to check for errors.
1. Right click on hard drive which is not accessible.
2. Click on properties.
3. Click on 'Tools' tab.
4. Click on 'Check now' button.
Once you check the error, it might be issue with ownership of hard disk. Try changing ownership of your hard disk.
In order to solve the issue of inaccessible hard disk, follow the instructions
1. Right click on the hard drive which is inaccessible.
2. Click on Properties.
3. Go to the Security tab, and click on 'Advanced' tab.
4. Click on Owner tab.
5. Click 'Edit' Button
6. Modify the ownership of the desired account.