N/APosted on - 03/07/2013
When I go for getting Layer style option using “Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended”, I get the error message like the given on in the screenshot.
What shall I do now?
“Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended
Could not complete your request because of a program error.”
Layer style problem in Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended
One of the following reasons may cause this error message;
Corrupted Photoshop preferences file
Some internet connection problem
Problems related to printer issues;
A communication problem with the printer that is set as the default printer
Out-of-date, incompatible or damaged drivers
Conflicting permissions or other issues with your network connection
Reading problem of metadata information (only for PsCS2 and Lightroom)
Corrupted font cache
1. Recreating preferences file:
Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Command+Option+Shift in Mac) while starting up Photoshop Click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?" (this will reset your Pshotoshhop preferences to default).
2. Disconnecting the internet connection: Disconnect from the modem or disconnect the ethernet cable from your computer.
3. Printer issues (generally for Windows): You may try one of the following options;
Update your printer drivers (this is important if you are running Windows Vista) Change the default printer; Choose Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes (Windows XP) or Start > Control Panel > Printers (Windows Vista). Right-click on the printer icon that is connected to your computer locally (not via a network), or right-click on the icon for a document printer, such as Adobe PDF or then Microsoft XPS Document Writer. If no local printer or document printer is available, try the next option below.
In the menu, select Set As Default Printer. Install a dummy local printer (if no local printer or document printer is available in the Control Panel)
4. Font cache issue (generally for MAC): Uninstall the extra fonts (if you can find the corrupted or duplicated font, just remove that one)
5. Less memory : Check how much RAM is allocated to Photoshop. In PhotoShop click on edit/preferences/performance. To get the benefits of CS6 you really need 64bit OS and min 8 g of RAM.