N/APosted on - 12/29/2013
I have Windows 8, 64bit and recently installed Inkscape on to my PC. When I tried to run Inkscape, its giving me an error saying “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application”. I tried uninstalling the application and reinstalling but it won’t work. Just to add that I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Could this be the problem? Please Help. Thanks.
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000005). – Click OK to close the application.
Inkscape fails to start correctly 0xc0000005
The steps to resolve the error are as mentioned below:
1) Click 'Start', open the command prompt in the system
2) Run the command prompt as administrator for the system
3) Type 'BCDEdit' on the command prompt and press enter key
4) If the Windows Boot Loader Path is xOsload.exe, remove the files and repair the remaning files
5) Boot the Windows Repair command in the system
6) Type the following commands in the command window:
7) The commands are 'DEL D:WindowsSystem32xOsload.exe', 'attrib c:bootbcd -h -r -s', 'bootrec/rebuildbcd'
8) Reboot the system after the process is completed