N/APosted on - 06/24/2013
I was currently using the “Import to a SharePoint List” for my working purposes but during the Import step I received the following error message. I don’t know the reason of this error so I need your help to demolish this issue. Thanks in advance.
Import to windows SharePoint Services list
Method ‘Post’ of object ‘IOWSPostDat’ Failed
Import to windows SharePoint Services list error
The error is caused due to Ms Excel document.
The two step solution to the error is:
Step A) Modify 'EXPTOOWS.XLA'
1) Open Excel from 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12<LCID>', where <LCID> is the language identifier
2) Press 'ALT+F11' to open Visual Basic source code editor
3) Comment the line 'IVer=Application.SharePointVersion(URL)'
4) Below thw line, add 'IVer=2'
5) Save and restart the client machine
Step B) Backup and restore sites collection
1) By using command 'STSADM'backup and restore the site collection
2) Execute the following commands in STSADM tool:
a) stsadm -o backup -url http://PORTAL-URL -filename c:BackupsBACKUP-FILE.dat
b) stsadm -o restore -url http://PORTAL-URL -filename c:BackupsBACKUP-FILE.dat -overwrite