N/APosted on - 09/12/2016
I have recently bought an HP Elite ultra slim notebook pc and I am facing some troubles with it. The laptop suddenly stops responding and hangs up for no apparent reason. How do I troubleshoot this issue?
HP Elite 8000 Ultra Slim Notebook Pc Freezes Abruptly.
There are some pre-requisites which you might want to go through before you start looking at other solutions.
1. Scan your system for viruses. Update your protection software so that it has all the latest definitions and run a complete system scan. Restart your computer and see if the issue still persisits.
2. Sometimes lock-ups occur when the graphics adapter cannot handle the display conditions. Update you graphics driver. You can also try updating the BIOS if it is available.
3. Adjust you power settings for balanced consumption.
If the problem does not resolve, follow the following steps:
1. Open ‘Task Manager’. Shortcut- (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
2. In the Applications tab, look for all the programs that are not responding.
3. Select the unresponsive programs and click ‘End Task’.
4. If your system starts working, the problem is with those softwares. Uninstall them and restart your computer. If the problem persists:
1. Go to the ‘Processes’ tab in task manager.
2. Note down any image name whose CPU column lists the reading as 99 other than ‘System Idle Process’.
3. In the Memory column, look for any readings that are increasing for more than 10 seconds.
4. End all these Processes. If none of these solutions work, go for system restore.
It will restore your computer to an earlier poin, removing some programs and updates.