N/APosted on - 07/23/2016
Hi. I have an HDD, and I had stored a lot of my important data on it. It is not working now because as soon I plug it in the PC, it does not get read. Is my HDD corrupted? What can be the causes of data loss? How can there be corrupted external hard drive data recovery? Also, how can I prevent situations further like these?
How To Restore Data: Corrupted External Hard Drive Data Recovery
Hi. Yes, probably your HDD has got corrupted. The reasons for this could be a malicious virus, deleting files accidentally, deleting files which are stored the hard drive of the HDD by mistake.
The steps for corrupted external hard drive data recovery are as follows-
1) Ease US software is used for the recovery of data. The software should first be installed.
2) After the software is installed, open it.
3) In the first step of select types of file, select the files which you need to get recovered
4) For the second step, to select the location to find the data, click on the disk where the data was lost and then click on scan button in the right corner
5) If you have lost the partition, then click on lost disk drives and then click on scan
6) After the scan gets finished, review all the files which you have selected to recover. The recover option needs to be selected to restore all the files lost. Also to be on the safer side and also to avoid overwrite, save the recovered data on a separate disk
The following needs to be taken care of to avoid these situations-
• The HDD should not come in direct contact with the sun
• The HDD should never be unplugged while in use for accessing data because this corrupts the data
• Keep magnets away from the HDD
Hope we helped.