N/APosted on - 05/03/2013
Can anyone tell me how to insert SVG image files in a Word document? What are the necessary steps to take in order to insert it correctly? Please cite the step-by-step method as I need to insert various SVG files on my Word document files. Thank you.
How to put svg for word document?
Here are the steps to add a SVG image to a Word document:
1) Make sure that you have an application that can open and edit a SVG image. Inkscape is one such application. In case you don’t have this application, you can download it for free from the link below:
2) Open the SVG image in Inkscape.
3) Select the image that you want to paste to the Word document.
4) Copy the image that you’ve selected by pressing Ctrl+C.
5) Go to the Word document where you want to insert the image.
6) Place the cursor on the location where you want the image to be placed.
7) Paste the image by pressing Ctrl+V.
Another way to do this is by saving the SVG file into a format that MS Word can recognize. Here are the steps to do this:
1) Open the SVG file in Inkscape
2) Click on File and select “Save as”.
3) The file type should be set to “Enhanced Metafile” (*.emf).
4) Uncheck “Convert text to paths”
5) Open the Word document where you want this image to be inserted.
6) Insert the EMF file that you just saved.