N/APosted on - 08/09/2016
I have been looking to clear out all the data from my hard drive. As the data is confidential, so I cannot trust any software to do the task. Is there any method that does not use external means? How do I wipe my hard drive clean?
How Do I Wipe My Hard Drive Clean Without Software?
In Windows 7, you can use the format command to erase the entire data from the hard disk drive. The steps are as follows:
1) Wiping a secondary hard drive
• Click on Start and go to Computer. Determine the hard drive that you want to clear.
• Again, go to Start and type cmd inside the search bar. The MS-DOS command prompt will open.
• Type the following command: d: /fs:NTFS /p:1 where D: is the hard drive which is to be formatted.
• The flag /p overwrite the hard drive with zero and erases the previous data.
2) Wiping a primary hard drive
• Firstly, insert a CD into your optical drive. Now, follow the path: Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore
• Click on ‘Create a system repair disk’, and burn the CD correctly.
• Restart your computer and press the key when asked to do so.
• Now, select Use recovery tool that can help fix problem starting Windows.
• Choose the Windows installation, and then select Command prompt. Type the following code: c: /fs:NTFS /p:2 since C: is the main hard disk drive.