N/APosted on - 08/09/2011
I had an update from my Windows 7 computer labelled as KB971033. After this update, it slows down my computer system. And I started to get a notification that my Windows is not genuine.
This operating system was pre-installed when I bought my computer. So I really don’t know if this is genuine or not. But beforehand, I saw on my System that my Windows is already activated. How can I remove this update from windows? Help please.
I think this update KB971033 from Windows, detects validation error, exploits in validation and tampering. This performs attempts to validate your copy of Windows 7 and your product key that you used. This is why it is also called as the Windows 7 Activation Checker update. If the update discovers that there is a tampered system file, it restores the file.
And if this update discovers exploit in validation, you will be asked to enter a valid product key. If this update is already installed in your system, you can still continue. But the notification that your windows is not genuine. If it still not downloaded, then you are safe.
Just make sure to uncheck Update for Windows (KB971033) if it’s already checked. And if you think you own a non-genuine copy of Windows 7, it will be better if you turn off or set your updates off. If you want to uninstall it, please continue with the steps below:
1. Go to your Windows Update by typing Windows Update on the search box in start menu.
2. Click Installed Updates at the bottom left corner of the screen. Or view Update History and then click installed updates at the top.
3. Search for the Microsoft Windows and look for update KB971033.
4. Right-click it then click Uninstall. Click OK.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Check for updates again then continue with the next method. (Hide Windows Update).
Hide the Windows Update or disable your computer from installing KB971033 or SP1:
1. Go to Windows Update. Update by typing Windows Update on the search box in start menu.
2. Click to view Critical Updates.
3. Then right-click Update for Windows 7 with update ID KB971033 or Service Pack 1.
4. Click Hide Update.
To obtain the update again:
1. Click Start then type Windows Update on the search box in start menu.
2. Click Change Settings.
3. Under the important updates, select the option Install Updates Automatically (recommended) and then click OK.
The update is also available in Microsoft, just follow this link:
Or download here with your preferred Windows 7 Version:
Update for Windows 7 x86-based systems (KB971033).
Update for Windows 7 x64-based systems (KB971033).
Thank you for assisting me. The above solution was really helpful. You are the most excellent.