N/APosted on - 12/16/2013
Google has placed Android Manger Anti-theft application on Play store, this Application is intended to enable the owner of the stolen phone to remotely change screen locks, make the phone ring and trace it on a map, How will this Application work if the thief tries to Flash the stock ROM on the Android phone? What will make this App better than McAfee and Avast Anti-theft Applications?
Google Android Manager anti-theft app
The Google Android manager is better than McAfee and Avast due to the following reasons:
1) It provides the information about the last user who used to device to check the theft easily
2) User can activate a device location tracking to point the user location on the map
3) It helps the user to erase the data stored in the device and reset the screen lock code
4) It supports various third party tools that can track the lost phone
The steps to install the Anti theft in the Android device are as follows:
1) Click 'Google Settings', Click 'Android Device Manager'
2) Enable the options, 'Locate this device remotely' and 'Allow remote lock and data factory reset'
3) Click 'Device Administrators' option, enable the option for the device
4) Restart the device after the settings are applied