N/APosted on - 12/29/2013
I have Windows 7 PC, 64bit with 8GB or RAM. I downloaded Symantec System Recovery 2013 and was trying to install on my machine. While it was trying to install and moved on to progress menu, it throws up an Install Error saying Fatal Error: Error 1402. Could not open key:” Not sure what this error means. I am reluctant to play around with the Registry. Is there any tool that I can use to fix this error? Please help. Thanks.
Fatal Error: Error 1402. Could not open key:
You have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
Error 1402. Symantec cannot open key
The error is because the user does not have proper registry rights.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Disable the Windows User Access Control
2) Open the run window, type 'regedit' and open the registry window
3) Navigate through the registry and select the entry mentioned in the message
4) Select 'Permissions' from the edit menu of the editor
5) Click 'Advanced' button to add the user in the system
6) Change the permissions for user to 'Full Control'
7) Uninstall the LabView from the system
8) Restart the system and reinstall the LabView software in the system