N/APosted on - 09/26/2013
I left my brother with my computer for just a day and the next day when I my computer started it displayed this error shown below about Svchost Ntdll.dll Error. Why am I getting this?
An error was detected in a data dictionary on your local system.
An installed data dictionary is incompatible with previously installed version.
The error may have been caused by a recently installed component.
For more information about this issue, visit ni.com/info and enter the info code MAXSchemaError.
Data Dictionary error detected on my PC
Data dictionary errors occur when new National Instruments software is installed. The solution to this problem is to install a newer version of the same software or to uninstall the current version and install an older one.
You can also revert to the uncorrupted backup:
1. Log in as Administrator
2. Run the Developer Zone Community MAX Database Corruption Removal Tool (available from the National Instruments homepage www.ni.com)
3. Stop the NI Configuration Manager: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Right-click on NI Configuration Manager and choose Stop.
4. Delete all the config*.* files in the MAX data folder that's located under C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataNational InstrumentsMAX in XP and under C:ProgramDataNational InstrumentsMax in Vista.
5. Delete all the files from the …/Data Dictionaries/Last/ folder and on non-Windows platforms also mxs.mxr
6. Find the checkpoint to restore to. You can find the checkpoints in the …DatamxsCheckpoints folder.
7. Copy …mxsCheckpoints<last checkpoint>.cptconfig3.mxs into the Data folder.
8. Copy all the DLL files from …mxsCheckpoints<last checkpoint>.cpt into the …Data DictionariesLast folder.
9. Reboot your computer.