Convert Word Doc To Docx File
a) A file that is created using a version of Word that is older than 2007 is a doc file. You can open it using a 2007 version or newer but you will not get the additional features of newer versions. You have to upgrade it to a docx file i.e. a file of Word 2007 or later versions.
Convert it as-
• Open the doc file
• On the menu bar, select file->Info.
• Select convert just next to compatibility mode icon.
• A dialog box appears notifying the conversion of the document.
• Click OK.
• Click Save to replace the existing document to docx file.
If you don’t want to convert it and save it as a new file,
• Click File->Save As.
• Select .docx from the drop down list of Save as type field.
b) You can also use an online file converter.