N/APosted on - 01/10/2015
Hello! I need assistance, I'm trying to connect my TV to internet through Wi-Fi. TV SAMSUNG au 46 es5500w; router ASUS DSL-N12u; Wi-Fi – SAMSUNG WIS12ABGNX. TV sees the router but doesn't connect, everything is ok using LAN and other devices connect to Wi-Fi successfully. Where should I look for the problem? Thank you.
Connecting TV to Wi-Fi – problem
Please try following these steps to connect your Samsung TV to your Wifi:
1. First, you will need a Samsung Wi-Fi Link Stick. Connect this into one of your USB ports. On the screen, a popup will appear, and say "Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter connected. Current Network type: Wired. Switch to wireless network?" Select "Yes". Your TV will then try to connect to your home network.
2. If your TV isn't successful, click on the Menu button on your remote, and then go to the Setup menu. Select Network, and make sure Network Type is set to Wireless.
3. Select Network Setup, and then Select a Network. The TV will then search for local wireless networks. When yours is found, select it from the list that shows up on screen. If a password is required, enter it, and then press the blue button on the remote.
4. The TV will then attempt to connect, and hopefully it will connect successfully. You may have to turn the TV off and then on again for the changes to take effect.
Otherwise, if you want to try connecting it to a wired network, connect one end of an ethernet cable to your router or modem, and the other to the LAN port on your TV. Then follow the following steps:
1. Use the LAN adapter included, or if not, then you'll need to purchase it separately.
2. Go to Menu, and then Setup, and then Network. Then Network Test. If it is successful, there will be yellow checkmarks on screen next to each test element. If there isn't, try turning your router off and on again, and try the test again.