N/APosted on - 09/07/2016
Blocking sites may have different reasons. Parents block sites to protect their children from harmful sites. Internet users block particular sites so that virus does not enter their computer. How to block web pages on Chrome to secure your computer from a virus?
Block Web Pages On Chrome To Prevent A Virus On My PC
To block websites on Google Chrome, follow the steps given below:
1) Download and install ‘Block site’.
2) After the download, open the website you want to block.
3) Right-click on your mouse and select Block site.
4) Then select Add this site to block list.
5) This blocks that website, and you can access it only when you disable the extension. Another way is to use Block it.
1) You need to download the extension.
2) Then on the address bar of chrome type chrome: //extensions.
3) A list of extensions will appear. Search for Block it extension.
4) Select the options tab right next to the extension name.
5) Redirection to the password page happens.
6) If you don’t have any password, then just click on Login button.
7) Type the URL of the sites that you want to block.
8) After entering the URL’s, click on Block.
These are the extensions used to block any website on chrome.