In attribute displayName could not be found

Asked By 60 points N/A Posted on -
qa-featured

Hi there,

After I made the update of my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 I got this error on my desktop. If I click OK the error appears again and again. I don’t have a solution for this and I also don’t know why I have it. Can anyone in here help me to fix this? I have this error because of the update?

Thank you!

Administrative Templates

 

Resource $(string.AdobeReaderX) referenced in attribute displayName could not be found.

File C:windowsPolicyDefinitionsUserExperienceVirtualization.admx,

line 94, column 236

 

OK

SHARE
Answered By 562865 points N/A #192067

In attribute displayName could not be found

qa-featured

If this error was the result of updating your operating system to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8, you should reinstall the affected application as well as other applications installed on your computer. Though I’m not sure if updating Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 is the same with upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8, it will still help if you reinstall the application.

This is because when upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 8, all of your installed programs need to be reinstalled when Windows 8 is fully installed. This is like activating the programs on the new operating system. If you don’t reinstall the applications, they will never work and you can experience different errors.

Since the affected program here is Adobe Reader X, I don’t think it will run on Windows 8.1 unless you are using Adobe Reader XI. Adobe Reader X includes support only until Microsoft Windows 7. So to fix your problem, download and install Adobe Reader XI. It has full support for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

Login/Register to Answer

Related Questions