N/APosted on - 02/21/2014
I am facing a terrible problem with Avid Media Composer; I am getting an error message when I try to start it after installation. Whereas I did not face any issue, while installing Avid in the Mac system. It was quite easy and smooth process. Why I am getting this error? I tried to install it again several times but nothing seems to work. Please help. Thank you.
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application.
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)
This error particularly means or pertains to an invalid image format. It usually happens if you are running a 64 bit program in a 32 bit machine, or vice versa. But that is not the only reason. To solve this problem:
1. Before all try restarting your computer and running the program again, if not fixed, proceed to the next step
2. In the Control panel, Add/Remove Programs, uninstall the program.
3. Reinstall the program
4. If the program still isn't running, try checking the version of your system and the product. For the system version, on the desktop, simply right click on My Computer and select Properties. The system Version should be there. It is either 32 bit or 64 bit. If the versions didn't match, try to download the correct version or your installer.
4. If running on windows, click start then run. Type in cmd
5. In the Command prompt, type in CHKDSK /r
6. Confirm then restart your Computer. You may, or may not, need your OS or Recovery Disk during restart.