N/APosted on - 12/27/2013
When I installed Adobe Acrobat reader also I installed the fileopen plug-in, installation went smooth without any problem. After successful installation I tested the fileopen by opening a PDF file and ended up with an error message. I have permission to access my local folders and servers, why I am getting this error? How to solve it? Your help will be appreciated.
Cannot unlock file – your local document has expired. Please log in to the Codes – Guides Online library to access your publication.
Click ‘Accept’ to log in or ‘Cancel’
Adobe Acrobat Reader cannot unlock a file
The error is because the website has been moved to a new server.
There are multiple solutions to solve this error.
1) User can navigate to the codes guides website
2) Sign in the webpage and download the new copy of the code PDF
3) Connect to the website when prompted by the PDF document
4) The user can access all the items from the new webpage
1) User can navigate to the codes guides online library
2) Update the new bookmarks using the new URL for the webpage
3) Access the new webpage using the bookmark and shortcuts created by the user