Access dbf file across different network using ODBC connection
How are you today? I hope you are fine. Regarding to your question I think you have a little problem in your connection. Here is the solution to your problem:
1. Add a new OLE DB connection manager.
2. Select Native OLE DB Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider as the Provider in the Connection page of the Connection Manager.
3. Browse the DBF file and then remove the file name in the end of the folder path you have selected.
4. Enter dBASE III, dBASE IV or dBASE 5.0 as appropriate and as the value of Extended Properties in all of Connection Manager dialog box.
5. Click Test Connection. A "Test connection succeeded" should appear and then click OK.
I hope this will solve your problem. Thanks.