N/APosted on - 05/01/2017
I have recently bought an Apple computer. I was earlier using the Windows based computer and had installed VMware on it. Can anybody tell me the installation procedure of VMware Workstation Ubuntu? Thanks, in advance.
Install The VMware Workstation Ubuntu For Linux
Please proceed with the steps given below to install VMware Workstation for your Linux PC.
- Download the VMware Workstation from the Software Center. Make sure you select the computer architecture of your machine appropriately. To download the latest package, make sure you download the package from the VMware official website only.
- After successful download, unzip the contents of the package to your local directory.
- When the extraction is complete, go the directory and search for the setup file named *.tar.gz
- Run this file on your computer.
- Wait for the installation process to finish.
You can also install the Workstation by command line shell on the terminal.
- On the terminal using the ‘sudo’ command enter the package name.
- Now enter your password and press ok.
- Wait for the installation to finish.