N/APosted on - 06/01/2020
Hello, I just got to know about the Windows terminal server 2008 R2 and its features. Also, I have set up a terminal server 2008 R2. But I cannot access more than 2 applications/desktops in the server. Can anybody tell the steps to configure Remote Desktop Service?
How to set up Terminal Server 2008 R2 along with the configuration of Remote Desktop Service?
Hi, before 2008 R2, the service was called Windows Terminal services which will allow multiple remote connections to the same server by using different profiles based on login. After the 2008 R2 version, the service is being referred to as Remote Desktop Service (RDS). Now let us see how this is configured:
- In Windows Server R2, select “Server Manager”.
- Click on “Roles”, then select “Add Roles”.
- In Add Roles Wizard, Select/tick Remote Desktop Service then click Next.
- In “Role Service” tab, click Remote Desktop Session Host then click Install and then Next.
- Go through the installation wizard, click Finish. Go to services and check if the Remote desktop Services are running.
You should be good with the configuration if the service does not show up then give it a reboot and try.