N/APosted on - 10/19/2011
I was re-installing Autodesk Inventor 2011 on Win 7 when I got this error message, see below.
It seems strange because there was no error code number unlike one (1) blog I saw in the web so I wasn’t sure if the stated resolution was applicable to me.
Anyway, experts from this site might help me. Thanks.
Autodesk Inventor 2011
Reason: Fatal error during installation.
For failures, you can refer here
Encountered error when re-installing Autodesk Inventor 2011
This fatal error is brought about because there are some requirements missing in the computer when the installation is initiated. Check if you have the following installed in the machine:
• AutoCAD 2011
• Revit Architecture 2011
• Inventor 2011
In addition to this, ensure that your machine has the following:
• The processor is Intel Core 2 Quad or Core i5 or i7,quad-core processor, 2.33Ghz or higher with SSE2 technology.
• The RAM is 32/64-bit AutoCAD = 2GB, 32/64-bit Inventor = 2GB and 32/64-bit Revit Architecture = 3GB
• The graphics card recommended is DirectX & Direct3D 9.0 or 10 capability or 256MB or higher of video card memory or 512MB at minimum.
• The required free hard drive space is 32/64-bit AutoCAD = 2GB minimum, 32/64-bit Inventor = 2x memory installed and 32/64-bit Revit Architecture = 5GB minimum.
• Windows 7 should be 32-bit or 64-bit
Ensure that you check all these areas because a fatal error means there is one part of compatibility issue that is not supporting the Autodesk application.