It means to be able to create and develop both the front-end and back-end interfaces.
As the name suggests, “stack” which means a well-organized set. In this case, it refers to a set of skills required to develop both the interfaces
FRONT END DEVELOPMENT
For front-end, one needs to be comfortable with making a web-page, apps, make the structure, do the designing, add the dynamic effect and make it responsive.
Well, now is the time to brief a little about the skills for aspiring front-end developers.
- HTML– It is the basic language in which you can write a code and make a web-page. It describes the elements of a web page.
- CSS- Cascading style sheets. They make the web page beautiful by the help of images, text font, colors, etc.
- Version Control- It makes you manage the error once made by letting you observe like a third party and undoing it.
- CSS Frameworks- This makes the development easier. Example- Bootstrap.
- Web Performance– Optimization of the website helps as that will lead to better performance.
The user does an action on the front-end and then the process that carries out to complete the task is what back-end serves. Every function is attached to a block of code that defines it. Back-end devs require a net to build an application and Server to find, save by the help of languages like MySQL, Oracle, and SQL.
The knowledge and experience with PHP frameworks like Zend, Symfony and CakePHP are essential. Version control software like SVN, CVS, or Git is a necessity. It is favourable to have an experience with Linux as a development and deployment system.
A brief on back end tools is,
- MySQL– It is anopen-source relational database management system.
- PHP– It is a server scripting language, and an efficient tool to create user-friendly Web page. PHP can embed itself into HTML.
- Python– Python is a new yet most used language that escapes the jive of the pile of syntax.
It enables to build apps and write complex code in a very simple way.
The knowledge and understanding of Python procedures pave the way to make a real life project, example- Development of a self-driving car.
But on the whole, it is quite impossible to be a know-it-all. For full stack devs, it can be narrowed down to the below fundamental skills.