N/APosted on - 01/25/2013
I am running windows 7 and i have a iphone4S with iOS 4.1 installed in it.When i connect iphone to my laptop,i don't get a new drive letter for it.Instead of this,i get a camera sort of icon with my iphone name there.My requirement is to get a drive letter,when i connect iphone to my laptop.So,who is going to tell me how to designate drive letter for iphone images?
How to assign drive letter for iPhone images?
Here are the steps for assigning a drive letter to your iPhone:
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
2. Go to start menu then right click on computer. From the drop-down menu that appears, choose Manage.
3. On the left pane of the window that appears, choose Disk management that is under Storage.( a window appears showing the various drives of the computer and also the drives connected to the computer).
4. Locate your iPhone icon and right click on it.
5. Choose “Change Drive letters and paths” option from the context menu that appears.
6. Click on the icon that had been assigned to your iPhone. Then, click on change at the bottom of the window.
7. Choose the drive letter you would like to assign to your iPhone from the right hand side of the window that appears and also confirm that the option “Assign the following drive letter” has been selected.
8. Click on OK so as to necessitate the changes made. (A pop-up window appears asking whether it should continue with implementing the changes and in case there were files that had been opened from the iPhone, you have to close those files so that changes could be effected. Afterwards, click on yes).
I do hope that I have helped you out.