Virtual machine software helps run more than one OS on the same system. This helps protect the system if it is compromised due to hacks or corruption. Here, let’s discuss the top 10 best virtual machine software.
1. VMware WorkstationVMware Workstation is a software developed by VMware in 1999. The features provided ares vSphere integration, CLI for containers & Kubernetes, high-performance 3D graphics, powerful virtual networking, clones for rapid duplication, helpful snapshots, mass deployment, conversion of PC to a virtual machine, host/guest sharing, shared/mirrored folders, Unity view mode, supports a wide range of virtual devices, assistive device support, multi-language keyboard support, create/manage encrypted VM, creating linked/full clones, commercial use, multilingual, multiple device compatibility, and priority customer support.
2. Parallels Desktop 15Parallels Desktop 15 is an application developed by Parallels International GmbH. The benefits offered are straightforward, high-performance solution, superior user experience, productivity perfected, get to work faster, preferred appearance, operational efficiency, complete compatibility, mass deployment in minutes, easy administration, swift & secure setup, secure user & device access, data protection in Windows, virtual machine express, multilingual, integrations, and customer service.
3. Oracle VM VirtualBox
Oracle VM VirtualBox is a software developed by Oracle Corporation in 2007. The features provided are portability, guest additions, shared folders, seamless windows, 3D virtualization, great hardware support, guest multiprocessing, USB device support, hardware compatibility, full ACPI support, multiscreen resolutions, built-in iSCSI support, PXE network boot, multigeneration branched snapshots, VM groups, clean architecture, unprecedented modularity, remote machine display, and USB over RDP.
4. Gnome Boxes
Gnome Boxes is an application developed by The Gnome Project. The benefits offered are local & remote connection, remote screen display, creating a box, searching a box, connecting to another computer, deleting a box, sharing the clipboard, sending a keystroke combination to a box, USB redirection, keyboard shortcuts, forcing a box to shutdown, snapshots, and multiplatform.
5. QEMUQEMU is a freeware developed by QEMU Team. The features provided are open-source emulator, virtualizer, full-system emulation, user-mode emulation, virtualization, portable to several operating systems, performing accurate software emulation, call converter, clone() emulation, maximum portability, SMP support, multilingual, and various hardware devices.
6. Citrix HypervisorCitrix Hypervisor is an application developed by Citrix Systems Inc. The benefits offered are consolidating multiple virtual machines onto the server, reducing the number of separate disk images, multilingual, multiple device support, integrations with other Citrix products, schedule zero downtime maintenance, assuring availability of VMs, configure policies, and portability of VM images.
7. V2 CloudV2 Cloud is a software developed by V2 Cloud Solutions Inc. The features provided are blazing fast processors & drives, screen sharing between users, admin remote control, unlimited teleportations globally, fanatical technical support, daily backup snapshots, connecting on-site resources, API access, and multilingual.
8. Virtual PCVirtual PC is an application developed by Microsoft Corporation in 2009. The benefits offered are optimized video drivers, clipboard sharing, drag-and-drop capabilities, USB support & redirection, seamless application publishing & launching, support for multithreading, smart card redirection, integration with Windows Explorer, and multilingual.
9. Virtualization ManagerVirtualization Manager is a software developed by SolarWinds Worldwide LLC. The features provided are performance monitoring, capacity planning, Hyper-V monitor, snapshot management, virtualization management, configuration, events monitoring, sprawl control, troubleshooting, virtual machine monitor, VM monitoring tool, performance management, and recommendations.
10. Hyper-V ManagerHyper-V Manager is an application developed by Altaro. The benefits offered are the configuration of Hyper-V feature settings, creating & configuring Hyper-V virtual machines, live migration, creating & destroying virtual hard disks, direct control of virtual machine functions, reverting checkpoints, and configuring & controlling Hyper-V Replication.