How to save your old audio cassettes
Do you have pile of audio tapes in your store room with great old songs which you are scared of losing? Why don’t we use our genius box (PC) to do a trick on them and save them for a long time? Let’s follow the following tips to save the mix tape your loved ones gave back in the day.
- To do this trick you need to have a tape deck.
- However an old Walkman will do the trick (those little machines are hard to break).
- Load a tape to your device.
- Turn it on.
- Connect it to your pc using 3.5 MM audio jack (Deck’s line out to PC’s line in jack).
- If you don’t have output in your old tape deck you need to buy a 3.5 MM to RCA jack converter cable. (You can buy this under 5$ from eBay).
- Turn the volume to the max level.
- Turn on the line in from audio properties.
- Now you should be able to hear the tape playing from your PC speakers.
- Record it using an audio recording software or use windows moviemaker if you don’t have any.