N/APosted on - 08/04/2014
This is the error that I have when I want to update the XFINITY Caller ID. I don’t know what could be the problem and I tried many times to run the update. Any solution for this error ? What is causing this one ?
Thank you !
XFINITY Caller ID
Sorry, an error has occurred.
An error occurred while updating the application. Try updating it again. If the problem persists, contact the application author.
Error # 0
Xfinity caller ID error updating the program
There several ways that you can resolve your issue.
1. Right-click on the task bar and select Task Manager, this the same with Windows 8 and 7.
2. Look for Comcast CallerID.exe and end the process by clicking “End Task” button.
3. Go to Start >> Control Panel and Remove or Uninstall Comcast Caller ID and Adobe Air.
4. This will require restart of your system.
5. Go to Comcast.com or Comcast.Net and re-download Comcast Caller ID and Adobe Air.
You can also try changing your username account or creating a new username in their website.
1. Go to your “My Account”, select “Secondary Account” from the drop-down list.
2. Select account type allow the access to voice messages and make it accessible to any account user. Click “OK” to finalize the account settings.
Please be patient if their technical support failed to accommodate you due to their heavy volume of calls. They receive tens of thousands of calls per day. Trust me they want to help you. If the first level technician fails to resolve, ask for higher technical support level II or tier II. If they fail ask for appointment and request for on-site technical support. Don’t just accept their reason to just go to service center ask for replacement. Remember that the highest point of escalation will be their supervisor. Managers will communicate only using internet messages.