N/APosted on - 07/17/2019
Received windows update error code 0x8024a105 when attempting to perform the automatic update of Windows 10. This update failed every day in the last 14 days. I tried to fight viruses and the firewall has no effect. Restart the PC several times and still without success. So, the specialist does not want to be included in the registry – the other ideas?
Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a105
Manually reset the Windows Update components and restart the Windows Update method.
Resetting Windows Update components can repair corrupted Windows Update components and you can quickly install Windows updates. Follow these steps to reset the Windows Updates components:
1. Press the Windows + X key on the keyboard and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
2. Quit BITS, Cryptologic, MSI Installer, and also Windows Update Services. To do this, sort the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “Enter” key when you sort each order.
wuauserv internet stop
Internet Stop cryptSvc
Internet stop msiserver
3. Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder and the Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the commands below at the command prompt. Press the “Enter” key when you sort each order.
ren C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C: \ Windows \ System32 \ catroot2 Catroot2.old
4. Restart the BITS, Cryptologic, MSI, and Windows Update services. Then, sort the following commands in the prompt. Press Enter when you sort each order.
Internet begins wuauserv
Internet starts cryptSvc
Internet start bits
Internet start msiserver
5. At the command prompt, select Exit to close it, and then restart the PC.
6. When you restart the PC, try installing Windows updates.